Track Record: Writing
- Op-eds for senior executives, scholars, government officials, attorneys and activists in a wide variety of publications. These include The New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg View, International Herald Tribune, Los Angeles Times, Philadelphia Inquirer, National Law Journal.
- Digital media content, white papers, case studies, speeches, web copy, collateral, direct mail packages and other writing for a broad range of companies, institutions and causes.
- Numerous feature articles and opinion pieces under my own by-line in the New York Times, Daily Beast, Forward, Village Voice, New York Daily News, Ha’aretz, Reform Judaism, North American Review, Diabetes Forecast and Huffington Post.
- A highly regarded book on the domestic political context of America’s Middle East policy, Transforming America’s Israel Lobby –The Limits of Its Power and the Potential for Change (Potomac Books, May 2009). Also, The Quest for Impact: Lessons Learned from the American Jewish Peace Camp,” in Israel and the United States: Six Decades of U.S. Israeli Relations, edited by Robert O. Friedman (Westview Press, 2012).
- Personal (and exceptionally well-written!) blog on the lessons and mysteries of diabetes @ The Insulin Chronicles
Track Record: Top-tier Public Relations
- Promoted the interests and agendas of Azerbaijan (via the Azerbaijan America Alliance), Costa Rica, the Philippines, and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
- Expanded awareness of the Millennium Development Goals in the U.S. with a media and coalition-building campaign, on behalf of the United Nations Millennium Development Campaign.
- Helped to guide Continental AG through the storm of a nationwide tire recall.
- For Milberg LLP, a national plaintiffs’ law firm, gained extensive coverage of cases and practice areas, and developed new communications platforms for individual attorneys.
- Branded and reinvigorated a little-known health education organization, the Better Hearing Institute, with a carefully crafted strategy of advertising and media outreach.
- For both Israel Policy Forum and the Israeli Consulate in New York City, built support for the Oslo peace process with a targeted public awareness campaign.
A small sampling:
Universities, Think Tanks and Non-Profit Organizations
- Columbia University School of Business
- Rice University’s Baker Institute of Social Policy
- Bar-Ilan University
- City University of New York
- Israel Policy Forum
- Legal Action Center
- Millennium Development Campaign
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Better Hearing Institute
- Givat Haviva Educational Foundation
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Milberg LLP
- Withers Bergman LLP
- Standard Textile
- Azerbaijan (via the Azerbaijan America Alliance)
- Costa Rica
- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus